With growing interest in franchising, private-equity investors are signing up for the first-ever “Private Equity and Franchise Finance Bonus Session” during IFA’s International Franchise Expo, Thursday, June 14, 1p.m.-5 p.m. at the Javits Center in New York City. The session will offer a preview of private-capital opportunities and a networking session with investors.
Investors from The Riverside Company and TZP Group, as well as experts from The McLean Group and DLA Piper, will preview private-equity opportunities and trends. Then, Franchise Times Publisher Mary Jo Larson gathers franchise leaders to review the latest trends and options in franchise finance from senior debt to SBA loans, including:
- Sam Ballas, President & CEO, East Coast Wings & Grill
- Bob Bielinski, Managing Director, Corp. Finance, CIT
- Christine Friedberg, Private Equity Advisor, FRANdata
- Jeff Jervik, President & CEO, Fitness Together Holdings
- David Ulrich, EVP, Wray Executive Search & Advisory Group
“Building a Finance Toolkit for Franchisees” led by moderator Ron Feldman, CEO of Franchise America Finance, offers franchise executives tools and solutions, as well as pitfalls to avoid in this critical aspect of franchise growth. Panelists include:
- Reginald Heard, President & CEO, Bankers One Capital
- David Nilssen, President & CEO, Guidant Financial
- Lynn Ozer, EVP, Susquehanna Bank
- Mike Rozman, Co-President & Chief Strategy Officer, BoeFly
- John Teza, Chief Development Officer, Jersey Mike’s Subs
A networking reception follows the discussion at nearby Lucky Strike Lanes, where franchisors can meet the investors, find expansion capital, and make the contacts necessary to bowl for dollars in the improving lending environment.
“The lending markets are back, and businesses are taking advantage,” according to a recent article in Restaurant Finance Monitor. Are you? Register now.