The IFA Annual Convention celebrated numerous individuals for their outstanding and inspiring achievements. Let’s look at them by the numbers:
Four Major Awards
- Steve Siegel, managing partner of Brookside Consulting, was inducted into the IFA Hall of Fame for his extraordinary contributions to franchising and to the franchise community.
- Aslam Khan, CEO of Falcon Holdings and multi-unit franchisee of such brands as Church’s Chicken, Long John Silver’s and A&W, was named IFA Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Yoshino Nakajima, chief development officer of Home Instead Senior Care, was honored as the recipient of IFA’s Bonny LeVine Award.
- Rafael Alvarez, president, CEO and founder of ATAX Franchise, Inc., earned the IFA Ronald E. Harrison Award for accomplishments in diversity and inclusion.
Two New Entries
- The 50 winners of the first Young Entrepreneurs In Franchising Global Contest that was conducted as part of the first NextGen in Franchising Summit.
- Catherine Monson, CFE, CEO of FASTSIGNS International, became the first annual FAN of the Year Award recipient for her tireless efforts to protect, promote and enhance the franchise industry through IFA’s grassroots advocacy program, the Franchise Action Network in 2014.
Highest Number of Recipients
That would be the more than 160 franchise executives and professionals who achieved Certified Franchise Executives™ program designation.
A Singular Crystal Experience
Mary Ann O’Connell, CFE, FranWise founder, earned the Crystal Compass for outstanding leadership from IFA’s Women’s Franchise Committee.
Sounds like the more than 3,800 IFA convention-goers who attended and had the opportunity to connect, innovate and evolve also had good reason to celebrate!