The 2014 International Franchise Expo attracted 3,956 international visitors from 96 countries. Expectations of even bigger international numbers in 2015 give U.S. franchisors the chance to explore global growth without crossing a border. The IFA sponsored Expo takes place June 18th to 20th, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York City.
A key reason that nearly one in five attendees at this year’s Expo will be international is the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program (IBP). As an IBP certified event, the commercial sections of U.S. Embassies and Consulates recruit pre-screened international buyers to attend the Expo and meet with U.S exhibitors. The International Buyer Program produced 38 investor delegations to the International Franchise Expo in 2014 alone.
International franchising now also means franchisors entering the US. As franchisors from outside the U.S. grow in scale and sophistication, many target the largest franchise economy in the world for expansion, seeking to follow the footsteps of IFA members like, InterContinental Hotels, Kumon, BoConcept, Tim Horton’s, Cartridge World, Yogen Fruz and Pollo Campero. The 2015 International Franchise Expo will include 53 international franchisor exhibitors from 20 countries, including pavilions from the Brazil, Japan, Korea and the United Arab Emirates.
Educational programs related to international franchising enhance the value of participating. Many of these educational sessions are for CFE credit. Internationally oriented Seminars and Symposia at this year’s Expo include:
- Master Franchising – Why do Some Succeed and Others Struggle
- The Use of Master Franchising, Domestically and Internationally
- Global Franchise Expansion: Strategies for Lucrative & Planned Growth
- An Overview of Key U.S. Trends and Regulatory Issues for International Franchisors
- Strategies for Franchising into the U.S. Market
- Navigating the US Marketplace
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program – Tool for Franchise Network Expansion
To learn more and participate visit: http://www.ifeinfo.com/