Facebook is in the news again for new functionality letting businesses use CRM email addresses to target customers with hyper-relevant ads. It got me thinking about Facebook and an Interesting story from Todd Leiser examining the most “Liked” franchises on Facebook.
Todd analyzed Franchised Brands’ relative rank in Facebook “Likes” compared to their overall size, based on world-wide sales and then tracked their growth over the course of several months during the summer.
He touches on the leaders like McDonald’s, Subway, Taco Bell, Buffalo Wild Wings and Pizza Hut but what was interesting was the growth of several brands:
- KFC — Gained 818,000 “likes” (+35.9%)
- IHop –= Gained 581,826 “likes” (+33.3%)
- Sonic — Gained 496,962 “likes” (+33.4%)
- Applebees — Gained 592,000 “likes” (+23.7%)
- Red Robin added 164,985 new “likes”, an increase of 44.1%
You can read the full story here. Todd has offered to make the complete research data available. He’ll also be presenting the information in Las Vegas at IFA’s 53rd Annual Convention during the ICFE Special Session on Social Media & Franchising