Watch the Trade Mission Preview & Opportunities in India & Sri Lanka Webinar to learn from experts about the upcoming IFA/Franchise Times/US Commercial Service Franchise Trade Mission to India & Sri Lanka and opportunities in these burgeoning markets. The speakers include:
- Rajeev Manchanda, Vice President, Franchising Association of India & Director, Inventure India Pvt. Ltd.
- Jennifer Loffredo, Director of Franchise Programs , U.S. Commercial Service
- Partha Mazumdar, Economic and Commercial Section Chief, U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka
No large franchise market is growing faster than India and no market offers franchising more ongoing runway for expansion. This meteoric growth is being driven by factors ranging from the growth of the middle class to Prime Minister Modi’s liberalizing influence on the economy. In late 2014 KPMG reported that India’s franchise economy would quadruple in size through 2017. See BBC coverage of the last IFA mission to India.
Sri Lanka occupies a strategic position in South Asia and The Financial Times calls Sri Lanka “Asia’s next tiger”. A rapidly expanding middle class in this country of 20 million is driving consumption growth and demand for international brands. Sri Lanka offers abundant market opportunities in the franchise sector.
What does a franchise trade mission offer?
- One-on-one matchmaking meetings with pre-screened investors
- Commercial, legal, real estate and cultural briefings
- Networking events with the local franchise community and government officials
- Site visits (understand markets from the ground up)
- Available market research
- Help accessing suppliers in the market
- Help with travel, accommodations, and interpreter services
The mission will visit Mumbai and Delhi, India and Colombo, Sri Lanka December 4-9, 2016. IFA mounts franchise trade missions on a non-profit basis as a member service. The mission cost is $6,950. The application deadline is close of business, ET on October 14th, 2016.