The 2016 International Franchise Expo attracted visitors from 118 countries across the globe. Similar expectations for 2017 provide U.S. franchisors a golden opportunity to let the world, and its business, come directly to them. The IFA sponsored Expo will take place June 15-17th at the Javits Center in New York City.
International attendance is in no shortage thanks to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program (IBP). As an IBP certified event, the commercial teams of US Embassies and Consulates recruit pre-screened international buyers to attend the Expo and engage with American exhibitors. The IBP produced 30 foreign delegations to the International Franchise Expo in 2016.
In an increasingly interconnected world, international franchising now also means franchisors are entering U.S. markets. Seeking to expand into the largest franchise economy, many rising international players are following the likes of IFA members such as InterContinental Hotels, Kumon, Illy, Tim Horton’s, Bonchon, Paris Baguette, and Pollo Campero.
Educational programs on international franchising further enhance the value of participating. Many of these educational sessions have been approved for CFE accreditation. This year’s Expo will include seminars and sessions on international topics including:
- An Overview of Key U.S. Trends and Regulatory Issues for International Franchisors
- Latin America – A Great Market Opportunity to Expand Your Franchise
- Selling Franchises Internationally Without Getting Into Trouble
- Strategies for Penetrating the U.S. Market for Overseas Franchisors (Separate Fee Required)
- Selecting the Best Franchise Structure for Domestic and International Expansion
- Going International – Moving Intelligently into International Expansion
- Negotiating Your First International Franchise: Achieving Success by Avoiding the Big Mistakes
- State of the Union on the Franchise Climate in Mexico
- Important Steps for Franchisors Considering Entering the U.S. Market
- Master Franchising/Three Party Franchising – Why Do Some Success and Others Struggle
- International Expansion: Master Franchising and Other Structures
To learn more or register to attend, please visit: http://www.ifeinfo.com/. For free admission, enter the promo code “IFA” when registering!