Mark your calendar for March 4th to attend IFA’s second annual “California Franchising Day” at the Sacramento state Capitol. Building off of the success of last year, IFA invites our California members to join us in advocating on behalf of the franchise industry. It will be a great opportunity for franchisees and franchisors to let the California Legislature know the major economic impact that franchising makes in the state. Franchising employs nearly one million people through over 80 thousand franchise establishments, and contributes over $94 billion to California’s economy annually. In addition to meeting with legislators and staff, attendees will also get to speak one-on-one with key policymakers to educate them on the franchise industry.
Here are some fast facts on the Golden State:
- 39 new California legislators were elected in the 2012 election year.
- 2014 primary elections for the California State Assembly will be held on June 3, and a general election that will be held on November 4.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 38,332,521 people in California. This is roughly 12% of the entire U.S. population.
- There are approximately 83,000 franchised businesses and 925,000 people employed by franchises in California.
- Franchise businesses have an economic output of $94 billion in the state.
To RSVP or for more information about California Franchising Day, please contact IFA’s Erica Farage at email@example.com or (202)662-0760